Defend Wisconsin News Round Up

We bring together news links on the subject of Wisconsin politics. For latest political news, follow Defend Wisconsin News Round Up on Twitter!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

From Wisconsin Senator Larson

Received: Wed, Mar 2, 2011 12:39 pm

Thank you for contacting me regarding Governor Walker’s use of the Budget Adjustment Bill to reverse 50 years of Wisconsin history in preserving worker rights; to give himself unchecked authority to make dramatic cuts to the state’s safety net programs like Badgercare and Seniorcare. It even gives the governor the ability to sell off 34 state-owned power plants using NO BID contracts.

As you indicated in your email, you know, I and the other Senate Democrats have chosen to stand with Wisconsin workers and families.

We continue to ask that Republican legislators reconsider their unprecedented attack on Wisconsin workers, their communities and our tradition of working with labor to move Wisconsin forward. We ask simply that they come to the bargaining table and address the concerns of so many from across Wisconsin.

I appreciate your support in the fight ahead of us.

The rubber-stamp Republican Legislature has done everything they can to railroad the governor’s radical agenda through the Legislature. Please continue your advocacy with legislators, the governor, and especially with your friends and community. We need you to let your neighbors know that this assault on worker rights will hurt every person and every community across Wisconsin. It will drive down wages and decrease work place safety for all Wisconsin workers, union and non-union alike.

If you attend any of the rallies at the State Capitol, please feel free to visit my office at 22 South. Although I am not presently able to be at my office, my staff has kept the office open to the public every day since the 17th. I am reading emails and staff are sending me messages and information. I am also updating people directly via Twitter.

Thank you again for emailing me and for joining me in opposing Governor Walker’s unprecedented act.

In Solidarity,

Chris Larson
State
Senator
7th District

No comments:

Post a Comment