Defend Wisconsin News Round Up

We bring together news links on the subject of Wisconsin politics. For latest political news, follow Defend Wisconsin News Round Up on Twitter!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Why I Walked Out on Governor Walker - update

This morning Councilman Perrotto appeared on WCLO.  The interview podcast also includes interview with State Senator Tim Cullen (D) which is always a good thing.  
http://wclo.com/podcasts/dan-conry-show/2011/mar/31/tim-cullen-frank-perrotto/


Following Councilman Perrotto's phone call to Dan Conry, I stopped in and shared with Dan and the listeners my thoughts on what has transpired over the last couple of days.
http://wclo.com/podcasts/dan-conry-show/2011/mar/31/yuri-rashkin/


Janesville Gazette also wrote a story about the Forward Janesville dinner featuring Governor Walker and what followed it.  It will be posted later today (probably around 4 pm) online, at which point I will post a link as an update to this blog entry.


I want to take this opportunity to thank the many many people who thanked me for doing what I consider to be my duty and responsibility - represent the many people of Janesville who could not do what I did - Walk Out on Governor Walker.  Your support has reaffirmed what I already knew, which is that  Janesville is full of great people, many of whom do not support the Governor though some still do.  


Going Forward.  


Even before I was elected to the Council in 2008, I knew that being in public office, one can never please everyone, and this time is certainly no different, but I want to assure you that I will continue to take my measured, open-minded approach to issues that affect our community and evaluate each issue that comes before me one at a time in a non-partisan manner.  Throughout my time on the council I have at various times agreed and disagreed with every Councilmember which to me is the true measure of non-partisanship.  I will continue to solicit your feedback and communicate with you to the best of my abilities  through phone calls, emails, Facebook and good old personal contact.  I very much appreciate all the emails of support I have received, and the few emails from those who disagree with my decision.  


I look forward to receiving the next Council agenda packet and continuing to address the important issues facing our community just like I always have - one issue at a time.


Please let me know if I can be of service.  


Yuri Rashkin 


UPDATE:  Here's the link to the Gazette story.  The comments are coming in fast and furious.
http://www.gazettextra.com/news/2011/mar/31/walk-out-walker-has-janesville-city-council-sparri/

No comments:

Post a Comment