Defend Wisconsin News Round Up

We bring together news links on the subject of Wisconsin politics. For latest political news, follow Defend Wisconsin News Round Up on Twitter!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

"No More Fox News" Pledge

I hereby pledge to never again turn on or watch Fox News, should it be turned on by someone else.  I will not fall for its fancy colors, bright lights or the waiving flag.  I will change the channel, turn off TV or calmly walk out of the room whenever Fox News is on because I refuse to fall for its shrill rhetoric telling me to be threatened by those with whom I disagree or be afraid of the challenges we may face.

I will not make Fox News a part of my complete news diet because Fox News is junk food.  I will not pretend that Fox News is any closer to news than Coca Cola is to cocaine.  I will not watch O'Riley and Hannity just to find out what the Right Wing is up to because I already know.  I will not let Fox News make me mad because as far as I am concerned, it does not exist.  Because of this, I will not let my children watch it and I will respectfully ask my parents to turn it off when I visit.

I promise that should I ever be in an establishment where Fox News is being broadcast on TV, I will calmly approach the person in charge and ask them to change the channel or to turn off TV because I find Fox News to be very offensive.  And if my request is not followed, I will calmly go on but I will repeat my request the next time I'm back.  If I'm back.

I feel strongly about this because I know that not watching Fox News will make me a happier individual.  I know that not watching Fox News increases the satisfaction I get from my quality of life. Knowing all this, with my conscience as my witness, I pledge to never watch Fox News.

No comments:

Post a Comment